These videos were created for IART on Islamic Literacy. The course is geared toward students who have successfully completed Basic Arabic Reading (BAR) as well as others who know how to read Arabic at a basic level and need to improve their fluency. Emphasis is on learning and practicing the rules of tajwīd (tajweed) while establishing correct pronunciation habits and building fluency. These videos were made as a companion to Tajwid: A Guide to Qur’anic Recitation, 1st Edition, but they can also be used with the 2nd Edition of the book.
By making these videos available publicly, we hope they will be a resource to tajwid teachers and students.
- IART Week 1 – Points of Articulation
- IART Week 2 – The Definite Particle ال and ل with a shaddah
- IART week 3 – The Rules for ر
- IART week 4 – ن with a sukūn part 1 (iẓhār and idghām)
- IART week 5 – ن with a sukūn part 2 (iqlāb and ikhfāʾ)
- IART Week 6 – Other Instances of idghām
- IART Week 7 – Madd part 1
- IART Week 9 – م with sukūn, م and ن with shaddah, and qalqalah
- IART Week 10 – Tas-hīl, imālah, and ن al-quṭniyyah
- IART Week 11 – Hamzat al-wasl