These videos were created for BAR on Islamic Literacy. The course was created to teach students with little or no familiarity with the Arabic alphabet to correctly read the Qur’an in Arabic. Emphasis is on establishing correct pronunciation habits and building fluency. These videos were made as a companion to Graded Steps in Qurʾān Reading (self-study edition) by Abdul Wahid Hamid.
By making these videos available publicly, we hope they will be a resource to Qur’an teachers and students.
- BAR Week 1 – The Alphabet
- BAR Week 2 – Connecting Letters
- BAR Week 3 – Fatḥah and Kasrah
- BAR Week 4 – Ḍammah
- BAR Week 5 – Tanwīn
- BAR Week 6 – Sukūn
- BAR Week 7 – Sukūn on و and ي
- BAR Week 8 – Hamzah & Shaddah
- BAR Week 9 – Long vowels part 1 (ألف)
- BAR Week 10 – Long vowels part 2 (ي and و)
- BAR Week 11 – Review
- BAR Week 12 – Madd
- BAR Week 13 & 14 – Hamzat al-Waṣl
- BAR Week 15 – الله and silent letters