In Qurʾān 30/20, we will touch on the major themes of all 30 juzʾ of the Qurʾān in 20 class-sessions. By the end of the course, students will have a familiarity with the entire Qurʾān, sūrah by sūrah. This class will be offered to sisters in the Metro Vancouver area in conjunction with the Path to Inner Peace team. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For each session, students will be expected to read the translation of 1.5 juzʾ of the Qurʾān.
- Every session, we will go through the major themes of the assigned readings.
- As part of their reading assignment, students will colour-code and tab relevant sections of the
- Notes and assigned readings will be distributed via WizIQ.
- This course is only open to women.
- Student must be at least 20 years old.
- Student must be able to attend local, in-person classes in the Greater Vancouver area, location
- Student should expect to invest 1 hour per week completing the reading assignments.
Dates and Timings:
- Course Dates: Mon. October 16, 2017 –Mon. May, 14 2018 (20 Weeks)
- Class will take place every two or three weeks, beginning on October 18th, with breaks over
winter (Dec. 21, 2017 – Jan. 9, 2018) and spring (Mar. 15 – Apr 3, 2018).
- Classes will take place on Monday evenings from 7:15-9pm PST
Term 1: [9 sessions]
- October: 23rd, 30th
- November: 13th, 20th
- December 11th, 18th,
- January: 15th, 22nd, 29th
Term 2: [11 sessions]
- February 12th, 19th
- March: 5th, 12th
- April: 2nd, 9th, 23rd, 30th
- May: 7th, 14th, 21st
- Regular attendance is encouraged to successfully complete an overview of the Qur’an.
- A suggested donation of $50 CAD to cover expenses (this will be collected in Vancouver)
Deadline to Register:
- Register by Oct. 10, 2017
- The Qur’an: With a Phrase-by-Phrase English Translation by Ali Quli Qara’i