Learn how to converse better with God Almighty from the master of the supplication, Imam Zayn al-‘Abideen. Each week, we will explore one or two supplications from al-Sahifah al-Sajjadiyyah or the Psalms of Islam to gain insight into its theological and ethical themes and to improve the quality of our relationship with the Almighty.
This term, we will continue from supplication 42. While this is a continuation of Psalms of Islam I and II, new students will be able to join without difficulty.
- Each week students will read the assigned supplication(s) in translation once a day or listen to a recording of the translation to be provided.
- Students will reflect on prompts provided by the teacher.
- Students will attend one live weekly class with the teacher.
- Student should preferably be at least 16 years old.
- High-speed internet connection, mic, headphones, and webcam.
- Students must be proficient in using their computer and the internet.
- Student should expect to invest 2 hours per week completing assignments.
Dates and Timings:
- Course Dates: Week of Sept. 12-Dec. 19, 2021 (15 Weeks)
- Weekly live session: Wednesdays 9-10pm EST (click here to convert this to your timezone).
- Please note that Islamic Literacy has a strict attendance policy as part of its effort to promote a positive learning experience. The minimum requirement for any class is that you show up! You are allowed only one unexcused absence. Further absences are grounds for expulsion from this course. Preplanned absences for work and travel must be approved by the firstname.lastname@example.org. Medical and family emergencies must be explained before or soon after to the email@example.com.
- $150 US (this will be requested from you after you register)
Deadline to Register:
- Register by Sept. 11, 2021
- The Psalms of Islam translated by William Chittick; published by the Muhammadi Trust.