Learn how to converse better with God Almighty from the master of the supplication, Imam Zayn al-‘Abideen. Each week, we will explore one or two supplications from al-Sahifah al-Sajjadiyyah or the Psalms of Islam to gain insight into its theological and ethical themes and to improve the quality of our relationship with the Almighty.
This term, we will continue from supplication 43. While this is a continuation of Psalms of Islam I and II, new students will be able to join without difficulty.
- Each week students will read the assigned supplication(s) in translation once a day or listen to a recording of the translation to be provided.
- Students will reflect on prompts provided by the teacher.
- Students will attend one live weekly class with the teacher. Live sessions will be conducted via WizIQ.
- Student must be at least 18 years old.
- High-speed internet connection, mic, headphones, and webcam.
- Students must be proficient in using their computer and the internet.
- Student should expect to invest 2 hours per week completing assignments.
Dates and Timings:
- Course Dates: Feb. 4-May 16, 2018 (15 Weeks)
- Holidays: There will be no spring break
- Weekly live session: Tuesdays 9-10pm EST (click here to convert this to your timezone).
- Regular attendance is critical to success in this course.
- Students may miss only two classes during this semester. If they miss a third class, they will be removed from the course.
Deadline to Register:
- Register by Jan. 31, 2018
- $150 (this will be requested from you after you register)
- The Psalms of Islam translated by William Chittick; published by the Muhammadi Trust.