Learn how to converse better with God Almighty from the master of the supplication, Imam Zayn al-‘Abideen. Each week, we will explore one or two supplications from al-Sahifah al-Sajjadiyyah or the Psalms of Islam to gain insight into its theological and ethical themes and to improve the quality of our relationship with the Almighty.
This term, we will focus on the first 20 supplications. The rest of the book will be covered in Psalms of Islam II and III.
- Students will read the week’s supplication in translation once a day or listen to a recording of the translation once a day.
- Students will reflect on prompts provided by the teacher and submit answers.
- Students will attend one live weekly class with the teacher.
- Student must be at least 18 years old.
- High-speed internet connection, mic, headphones, and webcam.
- Students must be proficient in using their computer and the internet.
- Student should expect to invest 2 hours per week completing assignments.
Dates and Timings
- Course Dates: Jan. 26-April 22, 2020 (13 Weeks)
- Weekly live session: Mondays 8-9 pm EST (click here to convert this to your timezone).
- Please note that Islamic Literacy has a strict attendance policy as part of its effort to promote a positive learning experience. The minimum requirement for any class is that you show up! You are allowed only one unexcused absence. Further absences are grounds for expulsion. Preplanned absences for work and travel must be approved by the firstname.lastname@example.org. Medical and family emergencies must be explained before or soon after to the email@example.com.
Deadline to Register:
- Register by Jan. 18, 2020
- The Psalms of Islam translated by William Chittick; published by the Muhammadi Trust.