This course will guide students through a reading of Islamic Laws, a new translation of Sayyid al-Sistani’s Tawḍīḥ al-masāʾil. As a supplement to the text, students will be exposed to some of the verses and traditions that form the basis of the laws. They will also be exposed to legal maxims that will help them see patterns instead of the seeming randomness of the law manual
Practical Fiqh I will be the first in a series of courses on the subject. The goal is to complete this book within 5 semesters, in sha’ Allah.
- Each week students will be assigned about 10 pages of Islamic Laws to read.
- They will be assigned relevant Qurʾānic verses to read and cases to analyze.
- Students must attend a weekly live session with their teacher. These will be conducted via WizIQ.
- Student must be at least 18 years old.
- Student must have successfully completed Islam 101 or equivalent.
- High-speed internet connection, mic, headphones, and webcam.
- Students must be proficient in using their computer and the internet.
- Student should expect to invest 1-2 hours per week completing assignments.
Dates and Timings:
- Course Dates: Sept. 15, 2019-Dec. 18, 2019 (14 Weeks)
- Weekly live session: Wednesdays 8-9pm EST (click here to convert this to your timezone).
- Regular attendance is critical to success in this course.
- Students may miss only one class during this semester. If they miss a second class, they will be removed from the course.
- $150 (this will be requested from you after you register)
Deadline to Register:
- Register by Sept. 11, 2019
- Islamic Laws: According to the fatwas of His Eminence al-Sayyid Ali al-Husayni al-Sistani. 3rd Edition or later. Translated by Shaykh Mohammed Ali Ismail.
• ISBN 978-1-909285-67-5
• ebook is also available
• Also available on the iSistani app