This course is free and self-paced.
This course is ideal for the following groups:
- Converts to Islam
- Born-Muslims who want to relearn their faith from the basics
- Non-Muslims who want to explore Islam thoroughly before deciding whether or not to convert
Students will learn the basics of Islam in a thorough, systematic way. If they study diligently and engage the material, by the end of the course, they will have a solid foundation as a Muslim. They will know what they believe and why; how to fulfill their basic duties; and where to refer their questions.
- The course contains 29 units.
- Each unit consists of 2 lectures by Shaykh Rizwan: one on “Beliefs” and one on “Practice.”
- Each lecture is accompanied by PDF lecture notes.
- Students are encouraged to discuss the material with a peer also enrolled in the course or to teach the material to family and friends. Articulating the material is a key part of learning it.
- This course is free. Please consider contributing to Islamic Literacy to support its work. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to contribute.
Deadline to Register:
- Register by Jan. 24, 2021