In this course students will study Introduction to the Sciences of the Qur’an. This book covers all the topics of Qur’anic studies including the nature of revelation, the miraculousness of the Qur’an, how the Qur’an was written and passed down to us, and abrogation of verses, among others. These are necessary topics for anyone who wants to know the Qur’an better.
We will cover volume II this term. This course is only open to those who took part 1.
- Each week, students will be required to read about 20 pages of the book.
- They will then attend a weekly live session with Shaykh Rizwan to discuss the reading and ask questions.
- Students must have taken part 1 of this course.
- It is advised that students be at least 16 years old.
- High-speed internet connection, mic, and headphones.
- Student should expect to invest 2 hours per week completing assignments.
Dates and Timings:
- Course Dates: Week of Jan. 30- Week of Jun. 5, 2022 (15 Weeks)
- Break: There will be no classes during the month of Ramadan.
- Weekly live session: Tuesdays 9-10pm EST (click here to convert this to your timezone).
- Please note that Islamic Literacy has a strict attendance policy as part of its effort to promote a positive learning experience. The minimum requirement for any class is that you show up! You are allowed only one unexcused absence. Further absences are grounds for expulsion from this course. Preplanned absences for work and travel must be approved by the firstname.lastname@example.org. Medical and family emergencies must be explained before or soon after to the email@example.com.
- $150 US (this will be requested from you after you register)
Deadline to Register:
- Register by Jan. 28, 2022
- Introduction to the Sciences of the Qur’an volumes I and II by Muhammad Hadi Ma’rifat
- Translated by Rossier and Limba
- Published by SAMT
- ISBN: 9781910178010 and 9781910178034
- Also available at https://archive.org/details/introductiontothesciencesofthequranmuhammadhadimarifatvoliofii/page/n1/mode/2up