Course Description: This course will address many of the topics covered in health classes offered in public schools and help Muslim girls know what they need to about the body and its development in a way that honors Islamic values such as God-consciousness, marriage, love, and chastity. Topics will include the following:
- marriage and love as integral parts of a good Islamic life
- chastity and shame as virtues
- anatomy and physiology of puberty
- menstruation and related issues
- hygiene (cleanliness, grooming, and purity)
- do’s and don’t’s of touching, looking, dressing, and interacting
- choices that are not compatible with Islamic values (dating, masturbation, pornography, gender by choice, sexual orientation by choice)
- Students are required to attend a weekly online session.
- Students must be girls between the ages of 9 and 12 years old (exceptions may be made at the teacher’s discretion).
- High-speed internet connection, mic, headphones, and webcam.
- Students will be required to turn on webcams during class.
- Short assignments will be given from time to time. Student should expect to spend less than 10 minutes per week completing assignments.
Dates and Timings:
- Monday Sessions:
- Course Dates: Week of Sept. 11 to Week of Nov. 27, 2022 (12 Weeks)
- Weekly live sessions: Mondays 8-9pm EST (click here to convert this to your timezone).
- Tuesday Sessions:
- Course Dates: Week of Sept. 18 to Week of Dec. 11, 2022 (12 Weeks)
- No class Sept 26.
- Tuesdays 8-9pm EST (click here to convert this to your timezone).
- Please note that Islamic Literacy has a strict attendance policy as part of its effort to promote a positive learning experience. The minimum requirement for any class is that you show up! You are allowed only one unexcused absence. Further absences are grounds for expulsion from this course. Preplanned absences for work and travel must be approved by the email@example.com. Medical and family emergencies must be explained before or soon after to the firstname.lastname@example.org.
- $150 US (This will be requested from you after registration)
- This fee is non-refundable after the deadline to register, Sept. 7.
Deadline to Register:
- Register by Sept. 7, 2022