In this course, students with little or no familiarity with the Arabic alphabet will learn to correctly read the Qur’an in Arabic. Emphasis will be on establishing correct pronunciation habits and building fluency.
- Each week, students must watch one prerecorded video by Shaykh Rizwan Arastu.
- Students must attend one weekly live session with their instructor in which they will practice the material learned in the week’s video and receive one-on-one coaching. These sessions will be conducted virtually.
- Student must be at least 18 years old (exceptions may be made at the teacher’s discretion).
- It is highly recommended that the student memorize the Arabic alphabet prior to the start of class.
- High-speed internet connection, mic, and headphones.
- Students must be proficient in using their computer and the internet.
- Student should expect to spend 20 minutes per day practicing and reviewing class material.
Dates and Timings:
- Course Dates: Jan. 26-April 22, 2020 (13 Weeks)
- Weekly live session: Tuesdays 8-9pm EST (click here to convert this to your timezone).
- Please note that Islamic Literacy has a strict attendance policy as part of its effort to promote a positive learning experience. The minimum requirement for any class is that you show up! You are allowed only one unexcused absence. Further absences are grounds for expulsion. Preplanned absences for work and travel must be approved by the firstname.lastname@example.org. Medical and family emergencies must be explained before or soon after to the email@example.com.
Deadline to Register:
- Register by Jan. 18, 2020
- Graded Steps in Qurʾān Reading (self-study edition) by Abdul Wahid Hamid (ISBN 0948196181)
- we will cover only Unit 6 thru Unit 37
- As the book is out of print, a PDF version will be provided.