In this course students will study al-Kafi Book III: God and His Oneness with a co-author of the commentary. Students will learn how to read and benefit from the traditions (ahadith) and will be guided through the commentary.
We will cover only a portion of Book III this term beginning with p. 181. The rest of the book will be covered in a subsequent term.
- Each week, students will be required to read about 15 pages of the book.
- They will be given questions to guide them through the reading and to foster reflection.
- They will then attend a weekly live session with Shaykh Rizwan to discuss the reading and their answers to the questions.
- It is advised that students be at least 16 years old.
- High-speed internet connection, mic, and headphones.
- Student should expect to invest 2 hours per week completing assignments.
Dates and Timings:
- Course Dates: Week of Jan. 30- Week of Jun. 5, 2022 (15 Weeks)
- Break: There will be no classes during the month of Ramadan.
- Weekly live session: Mondays 9-10pm EST (click here to convert this to your timezone).
- Please note that Islamic Literacy has a strict attendance policy as part of its effort to promote a positive learning experience. The minimum requirement for any class is that you show up! You are allowed only one unexcused absence. Further absences are grounds for expulsion from this course. Preplanned absences for work and travel must be approved by the email@example.com. Medical and family emergencies must be explained before or soon after to the firstname.lastname@example.org.
- $150 US (this will be requested from you after you register)
Deadline to Register:
- Register by Jan. 28, 2022
- Al-Kafi Book III: God & His Oneness by Islamic Texts Institute
- ISBN: 978-0-9912541-9-4
- Sold at www.islamictexts.org