In this course, we will touch on the major themes of all 30 juzʾ of the Qurʾān in 30 class-sessions (two terms). By the end of the course, students will have read the entire Qurʾān in English, and have a general familiarity with the Qurʾān, sūrah by sūrah.
- Each week, students will read one juzʾ of the Qurʾān.
- They will attend a weekly 2-hour long class with the teacher to cover the week’s juzʾ.
- This course is being offered in-person at Baitul Ilm in Streamwood, IL. Students must be able to attend at this venue.
- Students are expected to continue through the second term (Fall 2020)
- This course is open to both men and women.
- Student must be at least 18 years old.
Dates and Timings:
- Course Dates for Part I: Jan. 26-April 22, 2020 (13 Weeks)
- Weekly live session: Wednesdays 7-9pm CST.
- Please note that Islamic Literacy has a strict attendance policy as part of its effort to promote a positive learning experience. The minimum requirement for any class is that you show up! You are allowed only one unexcused absence. Further absences are grounds for expulsion. Preplanned absences for work and travel must be approved by the email@example.com. Medical and family emergencies must be explained before or soon after to the firstname.lastname@example.org.
- $150 for the first term (the second term will be an additional $150)
Deadline to Register:
- Register by Jan. 18, 2020
- The Qur’an: With a Phrase-by-Phrase English Translation by Ali Quli Qarai