Note: This course is currently being offered primarily for youth in the UK
This course will address many of the topics covered in health classes offered in public schools and help Muslim girls know what they need to about the body and its development in a way that honors Islamic values such as God-consciousness, marriage, love, and chastity. Topics will include the following:
- marriage and love as integral parts of a good Islamic life
- chastity and shame as virtues
- anatomy and physiology of puberty (please note that illustrations of the anatomy will be used)
- menstruation and related issues
- hygiene (cleanliness, grooming, and purity)
- do’s and don’t’s of touching, looking, dressing, and interacting
- choices that are not compatible with Islamic values (dating, masturbation, pornography, gender by choice, sexual orientation by choice)
- Students are required to attend a weekly online session. Live sessions will be conducted via WizIQ.
- Students must be girls between the ages of 8 and 15 years old (Exceptions may be made at the teacher’s discretion).
- High-speed internet connection, mic, headphones, and webcam.
- Students must be proficient in using their computer and the internet.
- Short assignments will be given from time to time. Student should expect to invest 20 minutes per week completing assignments.
Dates and Timings:
- Course Dates: Sept. 29-Dec. 18, 2019 (12 Weeks)
- Weekly live sessions: Sundays 6pm EST (click here to convert this to your timezone).
- Regular attendance is critical to success in this course.
- Students may miss only one class during the semester. If they miss a second class, they will be removed from the course.
- $150 (this will be requested from you after you register)
Deadline to Register:
- Register by Sept. 11, 2019
- There is no textbook for this course.