In this course, students will be guided through a reading of the newly published Every Muslim’s Guide to the Islamic Legal System by Shaykh Rizwan Arastu. Here is a blurb from the back cover of the book:
This book gives you a sense of the depth, rigor and authenticity of the Islamic legal system, particularly as it has developed under the auspices of the Imami Shi’i scholars. Using a dialectical method, the author articulates important questions about this system and then proceeds to answer these questions in a way that is both thorough and approachable.
- Each week, students will read a section of the book and answer study questions.
- Students will attend a weekly, virtual session with the author.
- Student must be at least 16 years old.
- High-speed internet connection, mic, headphones, and webcam.
- Students must be proficient in using their computer and the internet.
- Students should expect to invest 1 hour per week completing assignments.
Dates and Timings:
- Course Dates: Sept. 6-Dec. 23, 2020 (15 Weeks)
- Weekly live session: Tuesdays 8pm EST (click here to convert this to your timezone).
- Holidays: Nov. 22-28
- Please note that Islamic Literacy has a strict attendance policy as part of its effort to promote a positive learning experience. The minimum requirement for any class is that you show up! You are allowed only one unexcused absence. Further absences are grounds for expulsion. Preplanned absences for work and travel must be approved by the email@example.com. Medical and family emergencies must be explained before or soon after to the firstname.lastname@example.org.
- $150 USD
eadline to Register:
- Register by Sept. 4, 2020
- Every Muslim’s Guide to the Islamic Legal System by Shaykh Rizwan Arastu
- Available from the Islamic Texts Institute: www.islamictexts.org