In this course, students with little or no familiarity with the Arabic alphabet will learn to correctly read the Qur’an in Arabic. Emphasis will be on establishing correct pronunciation habits and building fluency.
- Each week, students must watch one prerecorded video by Shaykh Rizwan Arastu.
- Students must attend one weekly live session with their instructor in which they will practice the material learned in the week’s video and receive one-on-one coaching. These sessions will be conducted via WizIQ.
- Student must be at least 18 years old (exceptions may be made at the teacher’s discretion).
- It is highly recommended that the student memorize the Arabic alphabet prior to the start of class.
- High-speed internet connection, mic, headphones, and webcam.
- Students must be proficient in using their computer and the internet.
- Student should expect to spend 20 minutes per day practicing and reviewing class material.
Dates and Timings:
- Course Dates: Sept. 15-Dec. 18, 2019 (14 Weeks)
- Weekly live session: Tuesdays 8-9pm EST (click here to convert this to your timezone).
- Regular attendance is critical to success in this course.
- Students may miss only one class during each semester. If they miss a second class, they will be removed from the course.
- $150 (this will be requested from you after you register)
Deadline to Register:
- Register by Sept. 11, 2019
- Graded Steps in Qurʾān Reading (self-study edition) by Abdul Wahid Hamid (ISBN 0948196181)
- we will cover only Unit 6 thru Unit 37
- As the book is out of print, a PDF version will be provided.