In this course students will study al-Kafi Book II: Knowledge and Its Merits with a co-author of the commentary. Students will learn how to read and benefit from the traditions (ahadith) and will be guided through the commentary.
This course is a continuation of Al-Kafi I; however, new students will be able to join without difficulty. We will cover only a portion of Book II this term. The rest of the book will be covered in subsequent terms.
- Each week, students will be required to read about 15 pages of the book.
- They will be given questions to guide them through the reading and to foster reflection. They will be required to submit answers to some of these questions.
- They will then attend a weekly live session with Shaykh Rizwan to discuss the reading and their answers to the questions.
- Student must be at least 18 years old.
- High-speed internet connection, mic, and headphones.
- Students must be proficient in using their computer and the internet.
- Student should expect to invest 2 hours per week completing assignments.
Dates and Timings:
- Course Dates: Jan. 26-April 22, 2020 (13 Weeks)
- Weekly live session: Mondays 9-10pm EST (click here to convert this to your timezone).
- Please note that Islamic Literacy has a strict attendance policy as part of its effort to promote a positive learning experience. The minimum requirement for any class is that you show up! You are allowed only one unexcused absence. Further absences are grounds for expulsion. Preplanned absences for work and travel must be approved by the email@example.com. Medical and family emergencies must be explained before or soon after to the firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to Register:
- Register by Jan. 18, 2020
- Al-Kafi Book II: Knowledge and Its Merits by Islamic Texts Institute
- ISBN: 978-0-9912541-0-1
- Sold at www.islamictexts.org