In this course students will study al-Kafi Book I: Intellect and Foolishness with a co-author of the commentary. Students will learn how to read and benefit from the traditions (ahadith) and will be guided through the commentary. This will be the first in a series of courses on al-Kafi.
• Each week, students will be required to read about 15 pages of the book.
• They will be given questions to guide them through the reading and to foster reflection.
• They will then attend a weekly live session with Shaykh Rizwan to discuss the reading and their answers to the questions. Live sessions will be conducted via WizIQ
• Student must be at least 18 years old.
• High-speed internet connection, mic, headphones, and webcam.
• Students must be proficient in using their computer and the internet.
• Student should expect to invest 2 hours per week completing assignments.
Dates and Timings:
• Course Dates: Sept. 15-Dec. 18, 2019 (14 Weeks)
• Weekly live session: Mondays 9-10pm EST (click here to convert this to your timezone).
• Regular attendance is critical to success in this course.
• Students may miss only one class during the semester. If they miss a second class, they will be removed from the course.
• $150 (this will be requested from you after you register)
Deadline to Register:
• Register by Sept. 11, 2019
• Al-Kafi Book I: Intellect and Foolishness by Islamic Texts Institute
Sold at www.islamictexts.org