• This course will help young Muslims as they prepare themselves for marriage. It will help them reflect on the vital role marriage plays in their social and spiritual development; the disparity between marriage and love in the Islamic and secular worldview; the keys to a successful marriage; and the pitfalls that destroy marriage. It will also push them to consider characteristics of a suitable spouse, the role of parents and elders in spouse selection and marriage negotiation, and issues around the bridal gift and stipulations in the marriage contract, among other issues that every Muslim must know before getting married.
• Students will be given short reading assignments and questions for reflection ahead of the live session.
• Students will attend a weekly online session with the course instructor. Live sessions will be conducted via WizIQ.
• Students should be of marrying age.
• High-speed internet connection, mic, headphones, and webcam.
• Students must be proficient in using their computer and the internet.
• Students should expect to invest less than one hour per week completing assignments.
Dates and Timings:
• Course Dates: Sept. 15-Dec. 18, 2019 (14 Weeks)
• Weekly live session: Sundays 9-10pm EST (click here to convert this to your timezone).
• Regular attendance is critical to success in this course.
• Students may miss only one class during the semester. If they miss a second class, they will be removed from the course.
• $150 (this will be requested from you after you register)
Deadline to Register:
• Register by Sept. 11, 2019
• There is no textbook for this course.